FNSS Savunma Sistemleri distributed a press release about their R&D activities. The results of the Turkiye R&D 250 reseaarch, based on 2022 data, were announced. According to the data provided by the company, FNSS ranked 17th in the list of the 250 Largest Companies by R&D Expenditures in 2022.
• Ranked 20th in the Top 100 list by the number of projects carried out in the R&D Centre in 2022,
• Ranked 18th in the Top 100 list by total number of personnel working in the R&D Centre in 2022,
• Ranked 37th in the Top 50 list by the number of female personnel working in R&D Centres in 2022,
• Ranked 10th in the Top 50 list by the number of Master's and Doctorate Personnel Working in the R&D Centre in 2022,
• Ranked 33rd in the Top 50 list by the number of national patents received in the R&D Centre in 2022,
• Ranked 15th in the Top 50 list by the number of utility models purchased in the 2022 R&D Centre.
FNSS, which started its R&D activities in 2000, received the R&D Centre Certificate in 2009. FNSS has focussed on domestic design and development activities with its own resources and public R&D support and has accelerated its multi-product programmes over time, becoming the first Turkish Defence Industry Company to transfer technology abroad. At the point reached today, Nearly 50 R&D projects on vehicle movement systems, survivability, autonomy and weapon systems are carried out in close cooperation with universities and domestic/international suppliers and act on hybrid power group and autonomy issues.
The company focuses on hybrid power packages and autonomous vehicle development.